When it comes to depression and other diseases of the mind, many people treat for it and anxiety through prescriptions from a family doctor.

This is fine, but Social Security Disability Judges give more weight to psychologists and psychiatrists.

That is why I recommend to my clients that they see a psychologist or psychiatrist if at all possible.

Psychiatrists are specialists in mental health treatment so they can give detailed explanations of your condition, and the resulting limitations.

If you have any questions about depression and anxiety and Social Security, or about mental health providers who may be available to help you please call me, Attorney Dirk May at 309-827-4371.