I have mentioned before on this blog that if you have mental illness such as anxiety, depression or bipolar you can be found disabled according to Social Security Disability.

The most important thing to do is treat with a psychiatrist and counselor. Social Security does not pay much attention to your regular medical doctor who prescribes mental health medications.

Of course, the big question is how can you get treatment from mental health professionals.

If you have health insurance most psychiatrists will take this.

If you have a Illinois Public Aid medical card the Community Mental Health facilities will treat you.

What if you have neither? You should seriously consider paying for the psychiatrist’s treatment on your own.

I realize that this will be a sacrifice, but you need to weigh the value of Social Security Disability benefits versus paying for treatment.

Questions about mental health treatment and Social Security Benefits? Call Illinois Social Security Lawyer Dirk May at 309-827-4371.